Friday, April 1, 2011

Title, Title, Where is My Title?

It appears I'm still hunting for a title. Much as I love and appreciate it, there was little enthusiasm among readers for "Miss Owen Trips." That's a factor to which I need to pay attention.

Yesterday I was reading poems by Robert Louis Stevenson, and came across one entitled "To Any Reader," from A Child's Garden of Verses. The final lines go like this:

For, long ago, the truth to say,
He has grown up and gone away,
And it is but a child of air
That lingers in the garden there.

So, do you think I can use "Child of Air" as the title? I know there's nothing "Western" in it, so it's just a fancy I've picked up and flung before you all.

What do you say? Should I be reading poetry by Robert Service or Baxter Black instead?

2 comments:

  1. Marsha, off the subject..read your great conversation in Roundup. Really proud and says all the right things. 'Way back when the Rocket Reader was new and my first novel was published in e-book form, I moderated a panel at WWA on the subject and they've still not caught on (at least some of them).liess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marsha!!!

    I love your blog and have it bookmarked.

    If you have room on your blog I wanted to award you with the Powerful Woman Writer Award.
    Go to http://astorybookworld.blogspot.com/p/awards.html and pick up your award.

    Lots of love!!

    ~Deirdra

    ReplyDelete

Marsha is delighted to have you post comments, or questions for her characters, but this is a family blog, so be respectful. I will remove any comments with links to commercial sites.

If you comment more than two week after a blog is posted, moderation kicks in, so be patient. After I get the email notice that you've commented, I'll go take a look.