Friday, March 8, 2013

Rulon Owen is a sentimental fellow

I wrote a paragraph on Monday that might find its way into Gone for A Soldier. As you can tell, it's part of a letter:

My heart hangs heavy in my bosom today. As I listened to the meloncholy music of a comrade playin’ the tune "Lorena" on his banjo, another fellow started in singin’ the words. My dear Mary, I about fell to weepin’. These days have been long and burdensome, and many of our comrades have fallen. I long for the day when I can return to your sweet embrace.

Rulon


It will have more to it, of course, but has possibilities. I'm just excited that it came to me and I wrote it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Marsha is delighted to have you post comments, or questions for her characters, but this is a family blog, so be respectful. I will remove any comments with links to commercial sites.

If you comment more than two week after a blog is posted, moderation kicks in, so be patient. After I get the email notice that you've commented, I'll go take a look.